Friday, October 10, 2008

water/water/water

water
water
water
what i really need's a good fixin'
doorknobs, pins, and needles
better button myself up
so no one sees inside
but you already know
you've known all along
you're in me
you vomited everything into me
that night we met
who knew i could run so long on empty?
don't feel sorry for me
they told you, silly boy
i'll rip your fucking heart out
then feed on it
like you wanted me to
because i needed the love so bad
don't feel bad for me
don't feel bad for you
it takes two to tango
and there were two of you
and there were two of me
and the four of us we had so much fun
making everything but love
they're dead now
now just you
now just me
did the better pair win?
really?
askin' too many questions
love me.
hate me.
bi-bipolar-oid
you're too smart for that
my-my-polaroid
always developin' faster
but you're still comin' out all blurry
someday it will come out right.right?right.write.
but can you really leave me now?
water
water
water
i'm just so thirsty...
and i think you might have some soul left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a song or did you make it up??

Lydian said...

it's a song i wrote a VERY long time ago and recently rediscovered.