Friday, October 10, 2008

More than an idea?

What? Really? Well, if I thought any of this would actually happen I probably would have thought up a better idea!
So! My first blog spoke not only of infinite wisdom, but of changed (which I would explain later).
Well, I believe now if the time to indulge...
It all started when I got accepted into Art School. ...Something that slapped in my face quite harshly. First of all, the only school I was ever "accepted" into was community college and that ceased to tap my true potential. For this reason I pushed my school "priorities" aside and dormantly lay hidden, disgusted as your average, apathetic 2.0 student. As much fun as that was (and it really was fun) the time has come to transfer (dun, dun, dun) to an upper level school. This means: new school, new house to live in, new town to live in, new friends to meet, new jobs to work at, new enemies to make. Now, for a small town girl that can be quite terrifying! I mean not all small town girls live in lonely worlds, if you know what i mean--contrary to my good friend Bill.
Currently, I live in a cute, however small, Victorian house with seven friendly housemates, one awesome roommate, and a loving boyfriend of over 2 years. So the idea of living/schooling/working/eating/even sleeping alone is quite depressing. There are more things than being socially and utterly independent that shake my nerves up a bit, but yes...So when i say "until everything changes," I really mean everything. I'm sure several of my peers have already gone through this, but sympathize with me here.

I must make a To-Do List

  • New Job (Easier said than done)
  • New Apartment (down payment, credit report application, possible cosigner needed?)
  • Car (Need to pay down payment to refinance my car before I'm a poor college student)
  • School (pay registration, enrollment, pick classes, buy supplies, buy books........)
  • Student Loans (must get accepted!)
  • New bank account (to manage financial aid money and keep it separate from my own dwindling electronic pocket book of pennies)
  • Find roommate to take my place in my current house (takers?)
  • By-the by....anyone want to live with me in Sac? (cj? Angela next year?)
  • get proper closure from grass valley (so i don't create unhealthy psychological social habits)
  • have an awesome going away party (which will be on New Years Eve)

New Years Eve...how appropriate. This will be hard. I am deeply in love with my life in Grass Valley and all the people here. Well, we still have 82 Days 13 Hours and 26 Minutes together.

  • wish me luck

No comments: