Monday, April 13, 2009

The Virgin Sturgeon


Last week was my first visit to our new bar. Nick/Dylan/Cj discovered it and it seems to have all the necessary components for a respectable hangout.

1) it's close and convenient. within walking distance from Dylan/CJ's apartment. (and for a bar, within walking distance is a matter of public safety)

2) it's all about public safety. :)


3) it's a bar right on the river














4) it's a restaraunt











5) it's a marina!













6) you have to walk down an airport boarding tunnel to get into the building

7) it's inhabitants are old gentleman sailors
















8) it's totally hidden from the rest of sacramento and the world.

9) Busy enough to be enjoyable, social, and still in business.

10) isolated enough that there places available to sit when you go in late on a Friday night



















and lastly...
i just know that i will come across some sketchy individuals that sit me down one stormy night to tell me a true story I never could have imagined. i, a naive little girl, will be lectured by a wrinkled, and traumatized old sailer who insists I listen to him and be the one to buy him more drinks. I will get way in over my head and probably cursed. I also hope to wittness a sea monster in the distant fig while drinking a beer in the cold. (or a hard, hot, apple cider is more like it)


What adventures await us...

1 comment:

Dylan Thomas B. said...

I really like that place. You know, it reminds me of Monroe. I think the reason for that is because, in Monroe, the Ouachita river(pronounced Wash-it-aw)is a big deal. It separates Monroe from West Monroe. Many restaurants and whatnot right there. Ever since I moved out here, I think I've only been to one restaurant on the river until now. How lame is that?

Do you work tomorrow morning before school? If not, we could go tonight. Or we could go even if you do.

Oh yeah!
Coming down tonight?