Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whoever said Darth Vader was Politcally Correct?

So, I was walking down the streets of downtown Grass Valley the other day and in the window of the Old Vintage Crap Store was a Star Wars Pancho. Neat! It was designed to look like Vader's Cape once you put it on.

As if staying dry in the rain wasn't enough, now you can look like the Imperial Lord at the same time!!!

I just HAD to stop and take a picture, because it's not like I was doing anything more important at the time.

Well, upon my "closer look" I focused on the "adverstisement claims" in the lower left-hand corner.

Waterproof-that's always a plus when it comes to panchos.

Vinyl? -Cool.

Flame Retardant-Well I'm not sure why you would worry about catching on fire whilst trying to avoid getting wet in a rain storm. Even so, I guess it makes sense. Especially, if Vader himself had a say in the design. He probably wants everything to be flame retardant.
WHOA-WHOA-WHOA-WAIT ONE SECOND....
THAT DOESN'T SAY FLAME RETARDANT....that's not what I think it is-is it?
Closer Look? Oh yes, boys and girls, this Vader Pancho is Flame Retarded!
Surely, the makers of this glorious cape/protective rain gear don't mean retarded. Then again, I doubt they mean a slacking of musical tempo (slight pause to appreciate the pun).

So, this cape doesn't really repell fire it just mentally slows it down. You're still gonna be on fire, it's just the the fire on your will be a "little slower" than the fires on your friends.

Just so everyone knows, whilst retard does technically mean "slow," you must use the word retardant when you mean slow in referrence to a chemical reaction.
This is hilarious! What say you to one last close up just for appreciation?


I went back the next day to purchase it, but it was gone...
At least I took these pictures to prove, that yes, indeed, it really does exist.

5 comments:

Dylan Thomas B. said...

I think that it means that while you are wearing it, you will be dumb enough to do backflips over lava and other fiery substances. That would make sense, yeah?

Lydian said...

very nice point.

so, that time you caught your leg on fire you would be flame-retarded?

pullin' a darth?
oh sorry. that's way too broad.
pullin' a vader?
nope.sorry.got no ring to it.

Dylan Thomas B. said...

I feel like the proper insult would be:

"Way to underestimate your powers, douchebag!"

Or overestimate.

This is hard.

nick said...

vader to the advertising section of the empire: "you've failed me for the last time!"

Babe Scanlon said...

ha ha ha... retarded hahahah